Right, a quick post to kick off 2019, to see what’s ahead for the blog.
Same old stuff, really, I don’t plan a revolution where I suddenly start reviewing YA vampire romance fiction, just the usual stream of Golden Age and modern mystery novels.
One slight addition this year is for the first time in an age, I’m going to take on one of Bev’s challenges. Bev does a load of different reading challenges over at My Reader’s Block, but the one I’m going to accept – if I do more than one, I’ll lose track of what I’m doing – is entitled “Just The Facts, Ma’am”. It’s a reading challenge regarding the list below.
The rules can be viewed here – I’ll be doing the Golden Age challenge, aiming from Master Detective. I’ll be keeping track of my progress here, updating it (probably) every month. Wish me luck!
Progress so far:
- A number in the title – The Case Of The Seven Bells
- An animal in the title – The Toy Lamb
- Method of murder in the title – The Elusive Bowman
- Includes letters/diary extracts – The Creeping Jenny Mystery
- During a weather event – Death Takes A Detour
- During WWII – Death In Captivity
- During a performance of any kind – Who Killed Dick Whittington?
- At a country house – The Ghost It Was
- In a capital city – The Waxworks Murder
- Any outdoor location – The Saints Are Sinister
- Death On Wheels – Murder En Route
- Death by shooting – Murder Isn’t Cricket
- At least two deaths with different means – The Murders In Praed Street
- Read by fellow challenger – And Death Came Too
- Author’s surname begins with the same letter as mine – The Case Of The Leaning Man